The primary role of the nursery volunteer(s) is to provide loving, consistent care to the children in the nursery. This involves attending to the children's individual needs for attention, diapering/toileting and snacks. The lead nursery volunteer must be 18 years or older and a church member. In the event that a volunteer cannot fulfill his/her duties, it is that individuals responsibility to make arrangements for someone who has been trained to substitute.
- Attend scheduled training events and follow guidelines in the policies & procedures handbook
- Be present in the nursery at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the worship service
- Scan nursery for safety hazards and correct these issues
- Prepare pitcher of water for any children that do not bring their own drink and check to be sure there are adequate supply of small cups, paper towels, and tissues in the nursery area.
- Return cleaned toys to shelves
- Have parents complete sign-in sheet and provide policies and procedures handbook to visitors and new members
- Provide constant supervision and physical and emotional care for the children
- Put dirty toys and items that have been in children's mouths in the dirty toy bin in the closet. Spray disinfectant, turn to indicate clean toys, and allow to air dry
- Place any dirty linens in the basket in the closet
- Sweep up any food crumbs
- Turn off lights and air conditioner
- Take trash to receptacles on the way out of the building